By Jordan Briggs, BHS Sophomore
We often take the term teamwork for granted, but it’s often a necessary component when it comes to the rising success of a business or company which makes a Quality Circle a must. A great team is a team who knows and are comfortable with the role that they posses, the purpose of these roles are to play to each members strength. For instance Paul may be better at logistics than Kelly but Kelly may be a master at presenting and selling and all things public relations related. Paul and Kelly work together to offset each others weakness to create a driving force. Everyone needs a support system, someone with mutual ideas and insight as your own helping achieve a correlative goal. A group group of collaborative employees that meet regularly to consider ways of resolving problems and improving production in their organization, that’s a Quality Circle!
3 Reasons This Is Critical Component:
- It teaches great collaborative skills to young and current entrepreneurs, it shows that with the help of people with distinctive strengths an organization can reach a common goal in a participatory manner. This method ensures the quality of your business or product and devise solutions for the improvement of current issues.
- It gives you a basis of organization, which is key when running a business. Every aspect should be in order and prepared for any type of trial thrown your way, the teamwork helps you organize so everything won’t be a work load on one single member of the circle but rather a team of people. Know your role!
- It is critical for self-development. When you put in the extra effort you see the hidden potential that you haven’t tapped into until you became apart of a Quality Circle.
3 Resources you can use to learn more:
- Do your research! The Internet is a vast land of knowledge, use it to your advantage to gain forethought on the matter of Quality Circles.
- Ask someone who has been apart of a Quality Circle. First hand knowledge is almost always the best type of resource.
- History is transparent! Look through the historical data gathered up about Quality circles and take some recurring factors into consideration to educate yourself on the topic.
Quality Circles are helpful tools that will benefit your business more than it will hurt your business. It’s important to keep in mind that entrepreneurship is often a collaborative process that requires many different minds and brain strengths amongst individuals in order to be successful, working in a group can be beneficial to an individual’s attitude and understanding the value of other people and what they can bring to the table. Quality Circles can be hard, but are you willing to take the challenge?